What do you know about turkeys? Test your turkey knowledge with this fun trivia quiz! Click on the turkey to begin! Then
read our collection of fun turkey facts.
Here turkey, turkey, turkey
- Turkeys are able to adapt to a wide variety of habitats. However, most turkeys are found in hardwood forests with grassy areas.
- The best time to see a turkey is on a warm clear day or in a light rain.
- Turkeys have heart attacks. When the Air Force was conducting test runs and breaking the sound barrier, fields of turkeys would drop dead.
- Turkeys can drown if they look up when it is raining.
Eat, sleep, gobble
- Turkeys spend the night in trees. They fly to their roosts around sunset.
- Turkeys fly to the ground at first light and feed until mid-morning. Feeding resumes in mid-afternoon.
- Gobbling starts before sunrise and can continue through most of the morning.
Eyes in the backs of their heads?
- A wild turkey has excellent vision and hearing. Their field of vision is about 270 degrees. This is the main reason they continue to elude some hunters.
And they're fast, too!
- A spooked turkey can run at speeds up to 20 miles per hour. They can also burst into flight approaching speeds between 50-55 mph in a matter of seconds.
So close, yet so far
- Benjamin Franklin wanted the national bird to be a turkey.
Favorite Thanksgivings /
Thanksgiving Postcards /
Turkey Facts /
Turkey Trivia /
Thanksgiving Day Sites /
©2014 Aristotle, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Arisotle Web Design Services