- Randy Owen is the lead singer of Alabama.
- Other band members include Jeff Cook, Teddy Gentry, and Mark Herndon.
- Randy Owen, Teddy Gentry, and Jeff Cook are cousins who grew up in Alabama.
- When the three cousins began their band in 1969, they called it Young Country.
- In 1972 the band renamed itself Wild Country, which remains the corporate title.
- Mark Herndon joined the band and became its new drummer in 1973, while it was playing in Myrtle Beach, south Carolina
- Randy Owen's favorite musicians are The Eagles, Anne Murray, and Ronnie Milsap.
- His previous jobs include laying brick, painting, farming, and hanging sheet rock.
- He has played music since the age of 6.
- Mark Herndon is the only member of the band Alabama who was not born in Alabama. (He was born in Massachusetts)
- He is a licensed pilot.
- His favorite artists are Bob Seeger, Journey, Jean-Luc Ponty, Tchaikovsky, Rush, and Hank Williams, Jr.
- Teddy Gentry has been married for twenty four years and has two children and two grandchildren.
- His previous jobs include running a theater, bagging groceries, laying carpet, and working on a farm.
- Jeff Cook plays the lead guitar and the fiddle for the group Alabama. Other instruments he plays include the keyboard, bass, mandolin, and banjo.
- He began his musical career playing the ukulele and performing in school functions in the second grade.
- He was a D.J. at the local radio station by age 14.
- The creation of the Cook Sound Studio is the fulfillment of a life long dream for Jeff Cook - to help musicians share their work with others.
For a complete listing of Alabama's albums, Click Here.
You don't have to go to the concert to buy souvenirs. Alabama's official tour merchandise is available on the "virtual merchandise truck" at www.alabamaband.com. This site offers music, shirts, hats, jackets, jewelry, key rings, puzzles, ties, and collectibles.
Purchase the official Alabama Fan Club souvenir merchandise at www.alabamagear.com. Orders are shipped directly out of Fort Payne, Alabama,, home of the Alabama Fan Club.